Monday, February 8, 2010

Inspiration from The Strength Shop


The following is a message thread from a loyal fan of The Strength Shop videos and physical culture lifestyle. He has come a long way, and we hope to keep him motivated for years to come...

My man... how are you doing? Well, I finally got around to making the dip station and bulgarian heavy bag. Thank you for all you are doin bro. I was wondering how long is your battle rope? Is it one long rope or is it a pair? Thank you again. Take care and have a blessed week.
Forever inspired by you,
Fil

I am well, thank you. Hope you are kick ass and the new toys are treating you well!
The rope is 1.5 inch thick and 50 feet long, one rope, I loop it around things and also use it as one long rope as well. I will park my car on top of one end, or you could have one partner stand on the opposite end and switch users for time, etc.
Matt

Yeah... I'm trying to get on your level... haha. But I got a long ways to go. I use to be fit, weighing 195 - 200 lbs. I'm a big boy now, weighing about 318. I know... I let myself go, got married and got lazy. The heaviest I've ever been was 357 bro. Yeah... that's right, a fat ass! I met a guy who was a 3rd degree BB in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu and was a boxer in his day. I went from 357 to 250 in less than a year. I felt good, my self-esteem was thru the roof. I got comfortable and got big again. Christmas time I weighed around 342 lbs. Now I weigh 318 lbs. I've been a diabetic for several years now, trying to keep a healthy blood glucose level. It isn't easy but again... I thank GOD for coming across your videos bro. You have inspired me to get off my ass and work hard. I know it's hard but I can't quit... that will just make me a quitter. I know you aint a quitter. As for the toys, they work fine. I will be picking me up some rope soon. Do you have any recommendations on where to get the rope?
Thanks again. Sorry for being so long winded.
Fil

depending on where you live, there might be some local spots to find rope like marinas or junkyards. But I got mine from E-bay, you can sometimes find pretty good deals there. I found one with $10 flat rate shipping, which helped a lot with the price. The rope would be a very good choice of high intensity cardio, especially for a big boy like yourself to avoid banging up your lower body while running. You have lots of options, and I'm glad to have helped with your motivation. Keep searching, you will find that long term strength you are looking for.
Live hard,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment